Mikal C. Watts
Born July 17, 1967, in Corpus Christi, Texas, Mikal C. Watts earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas in 1987, receiving a Bachelor of Arts with high honors after just two years of study. He graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 1989 at the age of twenty-one.
- In 1989-1990, Mr. Watts worked as a briefing attorney for Hon. Thomas R. Phillips, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Texas.
- He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Rated Lawyer
- "40 Under 40" - recognized as one of the best lawyers of any age for Plaintiffs - National Law Journal, 2002
- He has spoken across the country regarding personal injury, Texas state law claims, and product liability.
Francisco Guerra, IV
Frank Guerra, IV. is a capital partner in Watts Guerra, LLP and has served as the managing partner of the San Antonio office since 2001. Frank received his B.A. from Texas A&M University in 1992 and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Texas School of Law in 1996. While at the University of Texas, he served as Intern to the Honorable Justice John Cornyn, Supreme Court of Texas, in 1995, and Intern/Research Assistant to the late Charles Alan Wright.
- Practiced insurance defense and civil litigation prior to joining Mr. Watts's firm
- Served on the Malpractice, Premises & Products Pattern Jury Charge Committee for the State Bar of Texas.
- Mr. Guerra is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- He was chosen as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, as a Texas Rising Star in 2004.
- He was also chosen as one of the Best Lawyers in San Antonio in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
Edward W. Allred
Ed Allred was born in Heidelberg, Germany, and received his Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University in 1990. While at A&M, Ed served as a Combat Engineer in the U.S Army Reserves. He was also a member of the Corps of Cadets, the Ross Volunteer Company and a Yell Leader. He graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1997 from St. Mary's University School of Law in 1997 in the top 5% of his class.
- Former U.S. Air Force Reserves Pilot
- Worked as an Engineer before beginning law school
- President of Legal Honor Society and Editor of the Law Review in law school, two of the highest law school accolades one can attain
- Worked for the Honorable Emilio Garza of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
P. Brian Berryman
Brian Berryman graduated from Texas Tech University in 1985, and went on to receive his law degree from St. Mary's Univeristy School of Law in 1989. Business litigation has remained a large portion of Brian's practice since he became a licensed lawyer. He has resided in Texas all of his life, and has spent over 25 years in San Antonio.
- He has served Texas by regulating the conduct of his fellow lawyers on the State Bar's Grievance Committee
- Named one of San Antonio's best lawyers in "Scene in S.A."
Paige joined Watts Guerra Craft in 2012 as part of the firm's Mass Torts Department in San Antonio, Texas. She achieved numerous academic accolades at both her law school, Texas Weslayan University School of Law and her undergraduate program at Southwestern University. She previously worked for the Fort Worth City Attorney's Office, the Texas Attorney General's Office, the United States Attorney's Office, and interned for the 95th Judicial District Court.
- Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Texas Weslayan University School of Law Journal of Real Property Law
- Dean's Scholar - Academic Scholarship Recipient
- Moot Court Honor Society, Intramural Quarterfinalist
- Texas Weslayan Public Interest Law Fellow, 2011
Mark A.J. Fassold
Mark Fassold graduated from high school in Kingsville, Texas and entered into the Texas Army National Guard. He attended Officer Candidate School, graduating first in his class as Distinguished Honor Graduate. He later earned his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University, Kingsville, achieving a 4.0 perfect grade point average. He graduated from Harvard Law School with both a Masters in Public Policy in 1996 and a law degree in 1999.
- Woodrow Wilson Fellowship to attend Harvard's Kennedy School of Government
- Scholarship to Harvard Law School
- Served as Briefing Attorney to the Honorable Hayden W. Head, Jr.
- Has handled hundreds of complex business litigation cases while working for firms including Jackson Walker, at which he was a Partner
Jon T. Givens
Jon joined Watts Guerra in 2015 as Of Counsel. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Texas A&M University with honors in 1986. Jon attended the University of Texas School of Law and graduated with Honors in 1989. He was the recipient of the Neiman Cup Award. Jon was an intern with Justice Raul Gonzalez of the Texas Supreme Court. He previously worked for Bankston, Gronning, and Ohara in Anchorage, Alaska. Jon is licensed in Texas, Alaska and Hawaii. Jon is actively involved in personal injury, product liability, mass tort litigation, commercial litigation, agriculture law, and class action cases. Jon resides in Alaska.
Jose G. "Joey" Gonzalez, Jr.
Joey Gonzalez was born in McAllen, Texas, and raised in Starr County. He graduated college in 1993, and law school at St. Mary's University School of Law in 1998, where he was the Associate Editor for the St. Mary's University Law Journal. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and has been admitted Pro Hac Vice in California, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, Georgia and New York.
- Attended the United States Military Academy at West Pointm
- Received an Honorable Discharge from the United States Army in 1991
- Judicial Intern for Texas Supreme Court Justice Nathan L. Hecht
- Briefing Attorney for the Honorable Filemon B. Vela, United States District Judge
Travis Headley graduated from Baylor University in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History. He then graduated summa cum laude from St. Mary's University School of Law in 2001.
- Editor in Chief of the St. Mary's Law Journal, Volume 32
- Intern for the Honorable Emilio M. Garza, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1999
- Briefing Attorney to Chief Justice Phil Hardberger of the Fourth Court of Appeals
- Practiced commercial litigation for over seven years, before focusing primarily on his appellate work
- Texas Monthly magazine "Rising Star" in business litigation, 2010
Linda K. Leibfarth was born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas. She attended high school in Austin, Texas, where she graduated first in her class from St. Stephen’s Episcopal School. During high school, Linda competed at tennis on the state and national levels. Linda graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Articles Editor for Vanderbilt Law Review
- Clerked for Judge Harris L. Hartz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
William J. "Will" Maiberger
Will Maiberger has worked with Mikal C. Watts for over 10 years, focusing on product liability, transportation law, and general negligence actions. He graduated from The University of Texas in 1989 and went on to attend St. Mary's University School of Law. He graduated in the top 20% of his class in 1993.
- Former civil defense trial lawyer, handling numerous trials defending corporations and insurance companies
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Lawyer
- Admitted to practice law in both Texas and Arizona
- Named a "Texas Rising Star" by Texas Monthly magazine, 2007
Michael J. Murray
Mike Murray graduated from Trinity University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 1994. He graduated from Texas Tech Law School in 1998, after his team won the National Appellate Advocacy Competition.
- Briefing Attorney to former Chief Justice Robert J. Seerden for over two years
- Lead Appellate Counsel in over 50 appeals and appellate proceedings
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Named a "Rising Star" by Texas Monthly magazine
- Former Chair of the San Antonio Bar Association Appellate Section for two years
- Past Chair of Federal Bar Admissions Committee for the Western District of Texas
- Mike has briefed and/or argued appeals in the Supreme Court of the United States, the Fifth Circuit, the Supreme Court of Texas, and the Court of Appeals for the First, Third, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth, Tenth, Eleventh, Thirteenth, and Fourteenth Districts of Texas.
Cesar Perez was born and raised in Starr County, Texas. He obtained his Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Agriculture Economics and Finance in 1983 from Sam Houston State University. He worked with the Farm Credit Bank from 1983-1991. He obtained his Juris Doctorate in 1994 from the University of Texas School of Law.
- Former CEO of the Farm Credit Bank- Rio Grande Valley
- Fulbright recipient for Academic Excellence at UT Law
- Admitted to Practice in All Texas State Courts and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Practiced Insurance Defense and Civil Litigation
- Recognized with the Caddell & Chapman Law Firm as “Houston’s Top Law Firms”
- Achieved “ Top 10 Verdicts & Settlements in Texas” three times
- Fluent in written and oral Spanish
Shalimar S. Wallis
Shalimar Wallis was raised in El Paso, Texas, and graduated from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Spanish in 1997. She graduatd from South Texas College of Law, cum laude, in 2001. She remained undefeated in competitive moot court competitions throughout law school, winning three National Championships.
- Shalimar has worked with the Capital Partners of Watts Guerra LLP for over 10 years
- She was recognized by Texas Monthly magazine as a "Rising Star" in 2007
- Current President of the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- Fluent in both written and spoken Spanish
Guy L. Watts II
Guy Watts graduated from Brown University in 1994. After graduating he joined Teach for America, teaching in South Central Los Angeles for two years. Afterward, he enrolled in the University of Texas School of Law, where he graduated early.
- He has practiced complex, catastrophic personal injury cases for the majority of his legal career, garnering impressive and extensive trial experience
- He is the Managing Partner of the Austin office of Watts Guerra LLP
- His first book, Keepin' On, was published in 2002